We celebrated Devin's birthday Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night I arranged a little surprise party for him at one of our favorite resaurants, Bonsai, in Sandy. Here's how it all went down....The plan was to meet at the restaurant at 6 PM. Dev and I dropped the kids off at my parent's house a little early. I am usually running late so this was something different for me. Devin was prepared to drop the kids and take off immediately, but I needed to buy some time. Luckily my mom had some new pictures of my bro from Norway, where he is serving a mission. So I bought a few minutes, but not much. At this point we are about 12 minutes before six. As we left Mom's house I asked Devin where he wanted to eat, as I suspected, he said, "you choose". I acted really indecisive and we drove around for about 5 minutes. Then I suggested Bonsai. He didn't seem all that into it, but being the sweet husband that he is, of course he went along with it. I ran in Bonsai to put our name on the list ( this was already taken care of, I just wanted to see if anyone was there yet.) We were the first to arrive so I had to think quick. I suggested a nice stroll around the parking lot. If you have been to Bonsai lately you know that most everything around it is closed down and it is like a nice ghost town. Luckily Devin figured I was just trying to go into labor by walking around. During our 10-15 minute walk I saw each nearly all the members of our party sneak in the restaurant without being detected. Good job guys! We walked in and for a split second Devin just thought it a coinsodence to see a friend until everyone yelled "SURPRISE"! Devin was so surprised and had a great time! It was a hit.
Sunday was Devin's actual birthday so we had both of our parents over for a little party. We had dinner, opened presents, and sang happy birthday. It was such a fun weekend for us all!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEV! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
3 comments:
Great Job sister!!! It was fun! You guys are always a blast to hang out with. Happy Birthday Dev!
Happy Birthday Old Man! Looks like you had a great birthday. How fun.
Yay! I'm so happy you have a blog now.
We had fun today at the mine with you. I'm also really excited to see your baby boy soon.
Post a Comment