Sunday, January 17, 2010

Who are these people?

Well, that was a long and short 10 days. It was a long time away from the four little people that I adore. It was a short time to spent basking in the sun....the warm, warm sun. We arrived home late at night and the kids were sleeping. I wanted to wake them up and squeeze them, but decided that would probably backfire. Griffin was the first to wake this morning and didn't really know what to think about his new caretakers. " Who are these people?" I am sure he was thinking, at least the look on his face said so. 10 days doesn't seem all that long when you say it out loud or when your kids are annoying you, but it really is a long time. And then he said "turtle." So I leave for 10 short days and now he speaks, and he is bigger. The other kids woke up one by one and were thrilled to see us (naturally, who wouldn't be). Dylan came out and held on to me like a spider monkey and wouldn't let go. It was like Christmas morning again, especially when we pulled out the presents we brought for them. I am so happy to say that the trip was a success and everyone here survived! Thanks to all those who helped with the kids, they had a great time!

3 comments:

love bug momma said...

Glad you had fun! Just slightly jealous!

The Wright's said...

I got caught up! Sounds like you had a FUN, FUN trip! When do we get photos??

Jackson got a 4-wheeler for Christmas?? Lucky, lucky guy! When are we going to Moab together, now that you are all suited up!

Matt & Candice said...

Cutie pies!! Hope you guys had an incredible trip!

Candice