Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dominican Republic

We visited Dominican Republic while cruising the Carribbean in January. We took an off shore excursion through the mangrove forest. It was raining, but warm. We cruised through looking at the wildlife and foliage. Just before we hopped in the kayaks, we toured through the very same cave that SURVIVOR SAMANA tribal council was held in. We only spent about 8 hours in the DR. If we had stayed much longer we would have felt the EARTHQUAKE which shook the very next day. It was a little strange sailing along in the lap of luxury while so many were suffering just around the corner. Our ship started a fund for Haiti and the cruiseline was matching donations. Hopefully everyone was putting up as much cash as they were gambling away every night. I'd like to think so. We certainly did.
























1 comment:

Missy said...

That looks like so much fun! It's looks beautiful there and I love the pictures, weren't you scared your camera would get ruined? I haven't checked blogs for a while.. I love the back splash in the kitchen, it looks great!
and I can't believe you have an eight year old! I hope you guys are doing well! We should plan a get-together sometime :)